Friends of Latin America promotes awareness, activism, and social responsibility in the United States for more just relationships with Latin AmericaTo fulfill its mission, FoLA
:- Presents educational programs
– Connects visiting Latin Americans with U.S. officials and media
– Exposes human rights violations and U.S. involvement in them
– Lobbies officials
– Participates in non-violent demonstrations
– Explores how U.S. policies in Latin America are linked to injustice at home
– Advocates that the international lending agencies fund sustainable development
– Promotes fair trade
– Responds to emergencies
– Promotes sister communities
– Raises funds to support progressive grassroots efforts
FoLA meetings are held on the last Monday of the month at 7:30 PM.
For more information or to find out the location, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of Latin America is not responsible for the content of external internet sites. The opinions expressed in the links to other websites do not necessarily reflect the views of FOLA or its members.